We aim to treat all the children in our school fairly and equally. It is our belief that a school uniform eliminates problems of competitiveness concerning fashion clothes and assists children in seeing that everyone is of equal worth. It also strengthens the sense of community and belonging. We therefore expect all pupils to wear school uniform.
Our uniform is similar to that worn by the infants. It is designed to be practical both to maintain, and to work in, as well as being distinctive. Most items are available from clothing shops and supermarkets. However, sweatshirts and polo shirts, bearing the school logo, can be purchased through our online shop- please see newsletter/school office for details.
The uniform comprises the following:
- white shirt or white/red polo top (with or without the school logo);
- red cardigan or jumper (ideally, school sweatshirt);
- long grey/black trousers (note: fashion trousers and stretchy fabrics are NOT acceptable), or tailored grey/black shorts, or black/grey skirt, or red gingham/ grey pinafore dress;
- black/grey/white socks, or black/grey/white tights;
- black shoes.
Children should wear socks or tights, and black shoes.
The following are not allowed:
- Boots (shoes that cover the ankle bone);
- Fashion shoes (including shoes with heels higher than 4cm);
- Trainers (coloured or white);
- Baseball boots;
- Lightweight canvas shoes;
- Plastic jelly shoes and flip flops;
- Shoes where the toes are showing.
Wellingtons may be worn in wet weather, but children should change into approved footwear on arrival in school.
To avoid damage to shoes, children are allowed to change into plimsolls or lightweight trainers at playtime and lunchtime. However, they must change back into their approved shoes when they re-enter the school.
Second Hand Uniform
We have a large stock of high quality second hand uniform that we are please to provide free of charge. Please contact the school office if you would like to see if we have anything in stock that you need. Alternatively, please email Miss Cottee directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The only items allowed are watches and stud earrings. Both must be removed for Physical Education (PE).
Long hair must be tied back at all times. Hair accessories – red, white or black.
PE and GAMES
For safety and hygiene reasons children must change clothing for all PE and Games lessons.
Children must wear:
- Plain white T-shirt;
- Black shorts or black tracksuit bottoms;
- Plimsolls or lightweight trainers;
- Black tracksuit top (with or without the school logo).
Most PE work in the hall is undertaken in bare feet.
Jewellery must not be worn in PE lessons. For details of this regulation please refer to the Essex Health and Safety Code of Practice.
Long hair must be tied back.